West End + branch organise regular campaign events and meets on a regular basis, on the second Monday of every month 7-9pm usually at the Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association office on Tottenham Street. The branch covers 4 Westminster wards including the Hyde Park, Bryanston and Dorset Squares, Marylebone and West End itself (featuring Soho, Fitzrovia and Mayfair). Members from those 4 wards can attend West End +
At branch meetings members share ideas about how to build a West End for the many, not the few. Local as well as national issues are debated: from how to tackle homelessness to Britain's future relationship with the EU.
Officer positions are currently held by:
- Billie Hands: Chair
- Patrick Lilley: Secretary
- Ananthi Paskaralingam: Treasurer
Contact Patrick on Patricklilley@me.com to say hi and find out more about upcoming West End Labour branch events.
MAY 2018 WESTMINSTER COUNCIL ELECTIONS
West End Ward has selected three candidates for the local elections in May 2018: Pancho Lewis, Patrick Lilley, and Caroline Saville. To get a Labour majority in Westminster Council, we need to win West End Ward which is currently held by the Conservatives.
West End residents tell us that the area feels neglected. With rising homelessness, more and more rubbish dumping on streets, and antisocial behaviour on the up, it often feels like the West End is getting worse.
But it doesn't need to be that way. In the May 2018 local elections, there's a once-in-a-generation opportunity to get a Labour Council elected in Westminster. If this happens, it'll mean the start of reversing decades of neglect by the Westminster Conservatives. It would mean the West End gets the representation it deserves, with hard-working representatives ready to take up what matters most to local people.
WEST END LABOUR CAMPAIGNS
West End Labour's successful campaign to stop developers from closing the much-loved Curzon Mayfair cinema attracted more than 26,000 signatures - and prompted a response from Mayor Sadiq Khan. We've worked with:
- Local residents and Labour MPs to press the Government to control Pedicabs
- Berwick Street market traders to successfully halt Conservative plans to privatise of the market
- The community to help tackle drug-related anti-social behaviour in Soho
- Library staff to protect Westminster's library services
- Small and medium-sized enterprises to bring down business rates
- Successfully defending and saving the cultural landmark the Curzon in Mayfair.
You can keep up with our latest news here.